Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Deana Hooper

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
trainmaster
Chief
avatar

Posts : 450
Join date : 2011-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Deana Hooper   Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:50 pm

Quicktrader:

I am in my 70's and have dementia, so I am making a post right after my previous one, because I will forget, otherwise.

The person you are asking about was military, stationed at a local navy base.

Local navy bases have their police departments, but they do NOT investigate crimes or murders commited either there or to one of military personnel - that is the task of NCIS.

NCIS did NOT have a field station at that base, or any other. They were headquartered at the 12th Naval District Headquarters, which, at the time, was Treasure Island. The case was immediately turned over to NCIS (NIS at the time). Although I did not work that case, I do know some things about it and other cases, but, as I said, that is classified information, and every agent takes a lifetime oath never to reveal classified material.

The Navy closed down the 12th Naval District in the late 1980's and merged it with the 11th. Finally, the Navy completely vacated the Bay Area - San Francisco was chosen to be the West Coast Megaport, and an ideal choice. HPNS was going to be reopened. It was the reaction to the crowds against the homeport of the USS Missouri at Treasure Island and the Congressional Representatives, including Barbara Boxer, George Miller Jr. Pete Stark and
Ron Dellums which resulted in the Navy choosing the alternate, San Diego for their megaport. It is a shame, as ships now have to travel all the way up to Bremerton to be serviced; in S.F. they would usually go to HPNS and the lighter destroyers and submarines would go to MINS.

The victim you mentioned was not assigned to NIS.

Sandy - We, at NIS knew the schedule of arrival and departure of all ships; again, classified information. Only the bases, which were effected, were given that information. So NIS was one source that had all those records. Even if I could remember the Enterprise's schedule, which I don't, I could not give that out. When ALL bases closed, their records went to San Bruno, the Federal Records Center for the west coast.

Now, what do you want to bet I will forget much of what I said by tomorrow?
That is why I posted it now.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Deana Hooper   Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:08 am

trainmaster wrote:
Quicktrader:

I am in my 70's and have dementia,

Can I also use this as a preface to every post?

trainmaster wrote:
Although I did not work that case, I do know some things about it and other cases, but, as I said, that is classified information, and every agent takes a lifetime oath never to reveal classified material.
So why tease us like that? Smile
Back to top Go down
sandy betts
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1096
Join date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Deana Hooper   Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:36 pm

Quicktrader wrote:
sandy betts wrote:
As far as I know Deana's sister was not with her at Mare Island, did I miss something ? Her father did work there , she seemed too young to be hooking up with guys period, let alone that much older. If she was looking to be hooked up , it wouldn't be smart on her part to do that at her fathers work place, unless he just didn't care.
The only evidence of a possible rape, were her slacks pulled down. The killer if it was the Z ,might have wanted it to look like a rape murder instead of just murder.

The Stine case was first thought to be a robbery gone bad.
One case as an example, was on Easter Sunday 1988 a young girl is followed outside by my poi, her body is found the next day. Looking at the crime scene , it looked like a rape -murder. She was naked from the waist down, her blouse was pulled open to expose her breast. (She was not raped.) If she was found 9 months later in a field, it would have been thought she was raped.

I do believe Z did change his MO to confuse the police, near another murder scene, ( early 90's ) graffiti was written in large letters : Confusion prevails ! I have no way of knowing if my poi did the writing or not, but it sure as heck wasn't like any gang graffiti.

Knowing that for what ever reason Zodiac liked to use a phone after his crimes "if it was convenient". I went to the nearest phone booth to see if any clue might be there . Scratched on the glass of the booth were the words" Suicide is death" and "Satan Saves". I can't say that this is a Z crime , but at the time I was curious that it could be. I wanted to see what if anything I could find, that might help in any way.
I did find a lot of evidence at the crime scene , that told me the perp might have gone back to the scene many times over that past yr. There was a pile of cigarette butts, starting at the top of the pile ,they look newer than the middle of the pile and below very old ones. I found a handkerchief with what looked like a spot of blood on it, that had to there for a very long time,( because it had grown moss on it) .

I called the park police and told them what I had found, they came to collect it. They seemed to be very surprised because they said that they went over the crime scene and didn't see any of what I found. Perhaps the killer went back to put the things I found to taunt the police ?

There are lots of crazy killers out there, but there is something different about what I believe the z enjoys doing after he kills. And that is leaving clues on purpose that are hard to follow, then writing about it, ( however short the writing might be).
I also believe that he has written other letters that are believed to be a copy cats, some probably were, but others could have been his.

These are my beliefs , I also follow my hunches. Not everything is put out there on these sites , we do have meetings and talk on the phone about a lot of what we are looking at. Ricardo and I have traveled hundreds of miles to all of the possible Zodiac crime scenes.
Zamantha has gone with me to Vallejo many times to talk to ex VPD about the case, and to the library to gather Z news , that she scans and posts for others to read. We all try to work together, to see if we can't come up with something new that might be a missing piece of the puzzle.

I appreciate everyone I have met and believe they are sincere in trying to solve the Z case. We need to all work together and put our differences aside, to get the job done. I do believe this case can be solved .




Hi Sandy,

you mention that 1988 girl - was she murdered just inside the Napa County line in Napa Square, a housing subdivision in American Canyon? I know about such one, however lack of her name, details etc..maybe you got some more information about that (pm)?

QT

I would like to know about the girl in the Napa area 1988 ? The girl I am posting about was named Victoria Bell , from Oakland Caif., murdered on April 3rd 1988 , Easter Sunday. I saw her leave about 4:30 -5Pm Easter Sunday from the restaurant I was working at. It still hunts me ,knowing I was one of the last people to see her alive. She was told about the man who was glaring at us in a very mean way, before she left. I sometimes wonder if he drove her there, and that is why she gave me the slip when she left ? I tried to protect her by watching her leave but she stopped at the restroom first and I had to wait on another table. When I went back to check on her she was gone and so was that man ( my poi ).
Back to top Go down
sandy betts
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1096
Join date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Deana Hooper   Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:51 pm

Trainmaster, I am sorry I didn't make myself very clear. I felt that the suspect was a mechanic on the airplanes and not the ship.
I will see if I can get any information under the FOIA, about the Enterprise and when it may have been docked at Mare Island. I did have some Navy guys who were on the Enterprise while I was working in Vallejo , but I worked there from 1964 to 1970, so I don't have an exact time frame, which I would like.

I understand and respect that you can't tell about what you know. That is ok, I have ways of finding out most of the information I need. Thank you for telling us what you can tell.
Back to top Go down
Quicktrader
Chief
avatar

Posts : 550
Join date : 2011-12-14
Age : 43
Location : Vienna, Europe

PostSubject: Re: Deana Hooper   Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:48 pm

Trainmaster & Sandy,

thank you for your valuable information.

Wasn't William Jennings Choyce convicted for the Victoria Bell murder?

QT
Back to top Go down
dagmajor
Sergeant


Posts : 61
Join date : 2012-05-20
Location : Texas

PostSubject: USS Enterprise CVN-65   Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:06 pm

The USS Enterprise was in port at Naval Air Station Alameda from November 1965, and departed December 2 for waters off of Vietnam.

The ship returned to NAS Alameda July 6 1967, and trained aircrews off the coast between San Francisco and San Diego until January 3, 1968, when the carrier left for Korean Waters.

These are the only times the USS Enterprise was "in California." All other times, with the exception of deployments away from the United States coastline, the Enterprise was docked in Virginia, Hawaii, and Washington.

Some details on the deployments are still considered classified, but the home assignments can be located on the official U.S. Navy website with a little time and effort.

I hope this information has been helpful.
Back to top Go down
sandy betts
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1096
Join date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Deana Hooper   Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:54 pm

dagmajor wrote:
The USS Enterprise was in port at Naval Air Station Alameda from November 1965, and departed December 2 for waters off of Vietnam.

The ship returned to NAS Alameda July 6 1967, and trained aircrews off the coast between San Francisco and San Diego until January 3, 1968, when the carrier left for Korean Waters.

These are the only times the USS Enterprise was "in California." All other times, with the exception of deployments away from the United States coastline, the Enterprise was docked in Virginia, Hawaii, and Washington.

Some details on the deployments are still considered classified, but the home assignments can be located on the official U.S. Navy website with a little time and effort.

I hope this information has been helpful.

OMG , yes that is very helpful indeed, thank you so much !!!!!
Back to top Go down
sandy betts
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1096
Join date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Deana Hooper   Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:01 pm

Quicktrader wrote:
Trainmaster & Sandy,

thank you for your valuable information.

Wasn't William Jennings Choyce convicted for the Victoria Bell murder?

QT

That is news to me, I will have to do a follow up. I suppose stranger things have happened, one killer follows a girl outside, and some other killer finds her and murders her , or could they be friends ?
Thanks for that information Quicktrader.
Back to top Go down
sandy betts
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1096
Join date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Deana Hooper   Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:05 pm

Quicktrader wrote:
@Trainmaster

With regard to my last post, what the hell happened to Elaine Lehtinen? She was not that sort of girl being raped by someone or abducted by Z..rather that sort of 'tough girl'.


Could it've been that she found out about Z's activities? Was she killed because of her work? Was she a colleague of yours?

QT
.

I just Googled Elaine Lehtinen's name, there is a wealth of information on her !
Back to top Go down
trainmaster
Chief
avatar

Posts : 450
Join date : 2011-11-21

PostSubject: PERSONAL REMEMBERANCES OF THE USS ENTERPRISE   Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:31 pm

Quote" The USS Enterprise was in port at Naval Air Station Alameda from November 1965, and departed December 2 for waters off of Vietnam.

The ship returned to NAS Alameda July 6 1967, and trained aircrews off the coast between San Francisco and San Diego until January 3, 1968, when the carrier left for Korean Waters.

These are the only times the USS Enterprise was "in California." All other times, with the exception of deployments away from the United States coastline, the Enterprise was docked in Virginia, Hawaii, and Washington."


I suppose I must have been on a virtual twin named CVA(N)-65 in 1969 and 1970, as business took me to the USS Enterprise in Alameda, where photos were necessary in 1969. I also had to investigate some matters abord the ship undergoing drydock servicing at HPNS in 1970.

Since we, at NIS, had privy to all information about ships, the Navy also had a policy that anyone with secret classification could travel aboard any ship down the state, if the ship was making a stop, and IF they had room for accomodations.

The Enterprise was scheduled to make a run to LBNS in 1971, to pick up some things.

I put my request to go make the trip on CVAN-65 in advance, and it was granted! I stayed in the Commissioned Officer's Quarters - the trip took a long time, and you get way out in the Pacific, where the ocean is deep blue, and nothing can be seen for miles. Anyway, upon arrival at LBNS, there was a special bus which took one to Disneyland; across the street on Katella, was where RTD had a bus stop which took one to the downtown LA bus station, and Sunset Blvd was 3 blocks up. (I might add the Enterprise was a warship, not a passenger liner - there were no "deck" chairs to sit and watch the ocean, but I could go up on the flight deck......and when you got out on the Pacific, you were tossed around! We could only go under the Golden Gate Bridge at low tide - those boats, even 40 foot ones, were very difficult to see on a monster ship that big! Of course, they had posted lookouts. I might add also that
the ship had to travel far enough into the Pacific, where it was deep and no danger running aground, so we could not see the coastline or any land what-so-ever once the ship was on course. I don't know what its displacement was, but it was at least 84,000 tons, maybe more.

So, yes the big "E" was in Alameda and bay area in 1969, 1970 and 1971. I flew back via PSA. Ineresting, going to my annual trip to Hollywood via the Enterprise one-way and coming back, as usual on PSA.


Last edited by trainmaster on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : arthritis)
Back to top Go down
dagmajor
Sergeant


Posts : 61
Join date : 2012-05-20
Location : Texas

PostSubject: CVN-65   Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:57 pm

Trainmaster,

If you were on CVA(N)-65, then it was prior to 1969. From January 1969 to April 1969, the Enterprise was at Pearl Harbor following on onboard explosion that killed a lot of sailors. In April 1969, she went back into Korean waters until her scheduled refit and upgrade in Virginia. I am pretty certain that the USS Enterprise was in Virginia being overhauled in 1969 and 1970. When completed, and after trial runs in January 1971, she returned to waters off the coast of Vietnam. I will confirm that tomorrow with the Naval Liaison at work. You may be correct. I know from experience people and equipment are not always where the military says they are.

CVN-65 was formerly CVA(N)-65. There are indications that some of the squadrons remained in California during the refit and rejoined the carrier later at sea, and some flew back to their home bases inside the US. It is very possible you interviewed Enterprise pilots training on another carrier. Their patches on their flight suits would still say CVA(N)-65, and would not have been changed to CVN-65 until rejoining the ship.
Back to top Go down
dagmajor
Sergeant


Posts : 61
Join date : 2012-05-20
Location : Texas

PostSubject: CVN-65   Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:30 am

Ok, I just got off the phone with my son who was on the Enterprise as a fireman when he was in the Navy. He confirmed the "official" history of the ship as being what they are taught and questioned on during their evaluations but, again, there is always an "unofficial" classified history.

He also said there ARE two CVN-65's. This is because the Navy has a habit of calling some of their buildings, "ships." CVN-65 (the building) is in Great Lakes, Illinois.
Back to top Go down
trainmaster
Chief
avatar

Posts : 450
Join date : 2011-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Deana Hooper   Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:02 pm

dagmajor:

I was on the ship the years I said I was on. I don't remember the months, but I do remember the years. The is the ship, not a building. The Enterprise had some servicing to do at HPNS in 1970. A major event caused NIS to got out to the ship in 1969, and I was on that team. We took photos.

As I recall, the Enterprise did not go to Virginia until after 1972. Before HPNS closed, the ship had its home port changed back to Norfolk.

I might also add that the Enterprise had a look like no other ship. There was no mistaking it for another carrier, period. I also went out on the USS Ranger, CVA-61 in 1972 on official business.

Back to top Go down
dagmajor
Sergeant


Posts : 61
Join date : 2012-05-20
Location : Texas

PostSubject: CVN-65   Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:51 pm

Train, I am not saying you are wrong. I did that to AK and started a war. I will support any statement I make though.

I checked with the Navy guys on base. They corrected me and stated that CVA(N)-65 (CVN-65) was also at NAS Alameda from 2 Jul to 14 Jul 1969 (13 days) to unload aircraft and load automobiles prior to moving to her new homeport in VA. The Enterprise would remain in Virginia being overhauled until January 1971. It would not return to NAS Alameda until March 1971 through June 1971 before returning to the war zone. The Enterprise was "officially" in California waters in 1969-1970 for 13 days. I was given a link for further research but I'm not the one that wanted the info. I will post the link so anyone can have at it.

www.history.navy.mil

That is an official government website but you should be able to access most of it without a CAC card.
Back to top Go down
trainmaster
Chief
avatar

Posts : 450
Join date : 2011-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Deana Hooper   Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:54 pm

This is one of the last posts on this subject I will make because this is sheer nonsense.

Dagmajor, you checked with WHO at WHAT base???? What was their RANK?
I say RANK because only Commissioned Officers have ranks - enlisted men have RATES. Enlisted men, as a rule, would not be privy to such information.

Most of the things you are listing are classified - period. So, the information you received is not of any value.

Do you visit the bases in person? If so, WHO did you talk with. Did you have credentials...what about the person you may have visited?

The higher military authority who would have the answers would NOT be allowed to give out such information.

I think you are trying to help Sandy with her questions, which in itself, is a kind gesture, but I have already gone over the official ways the Navy reacts to such requests. I should know - I was a Federal NIS Agent, long retired.

I might also inform you that ANY naval base cannot keep records more than three years, at which time, they are sent to the Federal Records Center in the area for their jurisdiction. So, whoever is filling you with this crap, does not know what he or she is talking about. (Probably was not even born then). Also, it is a not a Navy policy to give out such information to a complete stranger over the telephone, if that was your means. You need to address any questions to the Federal Records Center - in the case of the Enterprise, that would the FRC in San Bruno. Because the information is classified, I doubt you will get anywhere.

End of my contributions to this - I have advised Sandy to be aware of such misinformation.


Last edited by trainmaster on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:03 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : athritis in hands)
Back to top Go down
dagmajor
Sergeant


Posts : 61
Join date : 2012-05-20
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Deana Hooper   Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:27 pm

Well , since that was your last post on that subject, this will be mine.

1. I know enlisted Navy personnel have rates, not ranks: my son served in the Navy. I say rank because we, in the Army, have ranks. I talk in my lingo; they talk in theirs.

2. The Chief I spoke with is a liaison between between the army and the navy on this installation.

3. The information I listed is NOT classified anymore. The Vietnam war ended in 1975 and a lot of ship locations were considered no longer secret. I guess that is why I received the link to the Navy site.

4. Yes, I visited the base in person. Yes I have credentials.

5. I don't know about any Naval base keeping information for three years, but I know I received a valid unclassified link to a Navy site for information on CVN-65. I did not receive the information over the phone- I work on that installation, on active duty, with a secret clearance, and access to the government computers.

6. I will not give out classified information. NEVER. But the declassified information I gave is acccurate. Let Sandy access the site and judge for herself.

I am beginning to realize there are a lot of people on this website that do not want to accept facts. If I am to contribute only lies to accomodate someones POI, let me know. I'll move on to another site. Anyone can research what I am saying and see that it is factual. Telling Sandy that these facts are misinformation is erroneous and will only lead him/her astray.

Is that your goal? Or are you here to help?
Back to top Go down
Quicktrader
Chief
avatar

Posts : 550
Join date : 2011-12-14
Age : 43
Location : Vienna, Europe

PostSubject: Re: Deana Hooper   Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:14 am

Cool down guys...

I know its hot outside.

QT
Back to top Go down
dagmajor
Sergeant


Posts : 61
Join date : 2012-05-20
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Deana Hooper   Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:17 pm

My sincere apologies Quick.

Site members ask for info. I provide it. It bothers me that others block the flow of info to suit their POI.

As can be noted from my email adress on another thread, I am Government, and am able to access government computers (namely the one on my desk when my partner is not on it) so ANY information I provide can be reviewed.

The next person that questions facts because they don't fit their POI, needs to go back to zodiackiller.com.

Come on, people! Lets solve this!
Back to top Go down
dagmajor
Sergeant


Posts : 61
Join date : 2012-05-20
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Deana Hooper   Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:20 pm

And check the UNCLASSIFIED Government link I sent to Sandy!

I am SOOOO tired of people questioning my integrity on this site. Check the links. THEN open your pie holes.
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1150
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : No. California

PostSubject: Re: Deana Hooper   Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:49 pm

Dag, you need to tone it down. You were cautioned in another thread to not insult people at this forum but you are continuing the insults.

This isn't the military and your not in charge. Last warning, one more time and your gone!
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
dagmajor
Sergeant


Posts : 61
Join date : 2012-05-20
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Deana Hooper   Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:10 pm

You do not need to threaten me to stay on a site of children thinking they are cops or investigators. I gave you info that was factual. It did not fit with POI's that were denounced on every other website there is. It disproved others on this site. I guess it is easier to push me off than it is to tell the truth. I won't access this site anymore. Any information I give will go to that guy Michael Butterfield. He seems to be the only one interested in solving this crime. Everyone on this site is trying to be famous. Screw the victims family.

Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
avatar

Posts : 2920
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : Lake Tahoe

PostSubject: Re: Deana Hooper   Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:24 pm

dagmajor wrote:
You do not need to threaten me to stay on a site of children thinking they are cops or investigators. I gave you info that was factual. It did not fit with POI's that were denounced on every other website there is. It disproved others on this site. I guess it is easier to push me off than it is to tell the truth. I won't access this site anymore. Any information I give will go to that guy Michael Butterfield. He seems to be the only one interested in solving this crime. Everyone on this site is trying to be famous. Screw the victims family.


Rolling Eyes Sleep

Yes, please give your info to Butterfield. I'm sure he'll be all over it. Be sure and tell him your theory. He likes those. Wink


_________________

 "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."  ....Dr. Suess
Back to top Go down
dagmajor
Sergeant


Posts : 61
Join date : 2012-05-20
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Deana Hooper   Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:31 pm

Finally! Someone with thick skin and a sense of humor!

I promise to tone down my gruffiness (is that a word?)
Back to top Go down
dagmajor
Sergeant


Posts : 61
Join date : 2012-05-20
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Deana Hooper   Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:40 pm

And what theory am I supposed to give him? I have no theory. I just have access to records and files. I try to ensure that everyone here gets factual information. That's all.

Take my info anyway you like, but you can't deny my mil links are valid. I am here to help. I have no POI. I have no theory. BUT, as an advocate for the victims families, I really can't stand by and let someone accuse Mickey when the evidence points to Minnie, right?

I'll be back. I need to heat me up some zodiac cheese sticks.
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
avatar

Posts : 2920
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : Lake Tahoe

PostSubject: Re: Deana Hooper   Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:09 am

dagmajor wrote:
And what theory am I supposed to give him? I have no theory. I just have access to records and files. I try to ensure that everyone here gets factual information. That's all.

Take my info anyway you like, but you can't deny my mil links are valid. I am here to help. I have no POI. I have no theory. BUT, as an advocate for the victims families, I really can't stand by and let someone accuse Mickey when the evidence points to Minnie, right?

I'll be back. I need to heat me up some zodiac cheese sticks.


dagmajor wrote:
I would like to toss around the theory that maybe the Zodiac was military.
And so no one thinks this quote is taken out of context, you can read the entire statement here: http://zodiackillersite.forummotion.com/post?p=30815&mode=quote


Please, let's get back to Deana Hooper.



_________________

 "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."  ....Dr. Suess
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Deana Hooper   

Back to top Go down
 
Deana Hooper
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Possible Zodiac Victims General Discussion :: All Other Possible Zodiac Victims-
Jump to: