Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
bentley
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1340
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : Bayarea

PostSubject: Re: Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac??   Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:35 am

The last two pages belong on a new thread. silent (done!- tahoe27)

Top 2 Cs are from the H card envelope, notice the hook at the top, as some use in forming C. Bottom 2 are typical Z (Bus Bomb letter). I don't think you will find a case where Z used a hook. Wonder what Morrill would have to say about this.




Last edited by tahoe27 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:49 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Off-topic conversation moved. bentley's first comment does not pertain to comments above)
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
avatar

Posts : 2920
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : Lake Tahoe

PostSubject: Re: Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac??   Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:30 pm

bentley wrote:
The last two pages belong on a new thread. silent

Top 2 Cs are from the H card envelope, notice the hook at the top, as some use in forming C. Bottom 2 are typical Z (Bus Bomb letter). I don't think you will find a case where Z used a hook. Wonder what Morrill would have to say about this.



Agreed about a new thread. Will move some of this stuff later.

Great comparisons with the "c's" bentley! I too wonder what S.M. would have to say.

_________________

 "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."  ....Dr. Suess
Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain
avatar

Posts : 388
Join date : 2011-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac??   Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:42 pm

Were the above C's written with the same type writing utensil?
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1340
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : Bayarea

PostSubject: Re: Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac??   Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:39 pm

I have seen no documentation on what the envelope was written on with. I considered the possibility that the the top's of the Cs contain blotches of ink, however other letters do not show anything of the sort.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac??   Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:56 am

bentley wrote:
I have seen no documentation on what the envelope was written on with. I considered the possibility that the the top's of the Cs contain blotches of ink, however other letters do not show anything of the sort.


I think that close eaxmination of the various handwriting is a good idea,and should be done,however, I have heard multiple times that an original document is much better for examination as opposed to a copy. Add to that, some that are scanned, copies of copie can be brought up and enhanceds,etc,and then put on an internet site,then it may be hard to make firm coclusions,not to mention losing quality when you enhance or enlarge stuff. Now I HAVE SEEN in the past,specifically with the Hautz envelope thanks to Bentley,how things like postmarks,dates,etc

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1340
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : Bayarea

PostSubject: Re: Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac??   Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:25 am

morf13 wrote:

I think that close eaxmination of the various handwriting is a good idea,and should be done,however, I have heard multiple times that an original document is much better for examination as opposed to a copy. Add to that, some that are scanned, copies of copie can be brought up and enhanceds,etc,and then put on an internet site,then it may be hard to make firm coclusions,not to mention losing quality when you enhance or enlarge stuff. Now I HAVE SEEN in the past,specifically with the Hautz envelope thanks to Bentley,how things like postmarks,dates,etc

Agreed of course. Alas, we have what we have. In some examples it's not really all that important, comparing the Red Phantom letter to basically anything for one, but in others, such as my C example above, it is. BTW, there may be a better quality example of that envelope, I just picked the first one I saw floating around.

I'm counting on Trav to pick the best quality images when he puts his Zoomify files together. Anyone who is interested in comparing Z letters, whether it be for printing, spelling or text ought to try it, it's the bees knees.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac??   Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:48 am

bentley wrote:
morf13 wrote:

I think that close eaxmination of the various handwriting is a good idea,and should be done,however, I have heard multiple times that an original document is much better for examination as opposed to a copy. Add to that, some that are scanned, copies of copie can be brought up and enhanceds,etc,and then put on an internet site,then it may be hard to make firm coclusions,not to mention losing quality when you enhance or enlarge stuff. Now I HAVE SEEN in the past,specifically with the Hautz envelope thanks to Bentley,how things like postmarks,dates,etc

Agreed of course. Alas, we have what we have. In some examples it's not really all that important, comparing the Red Phantom letter to basically anything for one, but in others, such as my C example above, it is. BTW, there may be a better quality example of that envelope, I just picked the first one I saw floating around.

I'm counting on Trav to pick the best quality images when he puts his Zoomify files together. Anyone who is interested in comparing Z letters, whether it be for printing, spelling or text ought to try it, it's the bees knees.

The best quality images are over at Tom's site in the HI-DEF letters section. They are the clearest

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
avatar

Posts : 2920
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : Lake Tahoe

PostSubject: Re: Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac??   Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:12 pm

Here is that link to the High Def Bus-Bomb letter @ Zodiackiller.com:

http://zodiackiller.com/BBL1HR.html

Good letter for comparison bentley. Lot of c's. The high-defs are a lot better looking. Not all are there, but a big portion is.

_________________

 "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."  ....Dr. Suess
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac??   

Back to top Go down
 
Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Similar topics
-
» OP/Promo Cards
» Don’t forget about your FREE game card!
» (Fixed) No library card in the Museum
» New graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 460 OC 1GB
» How to get the reload card???

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Unconfirmed Zodiac Letters & Mailings General Discussion-
Jump to: